Teton Tinkerin'

Teton Tinkerin'

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spring Break or Brake??

WARNING!!! Winding Road Ahead!!!311H18TXH6L__SL500_AA300_

I get tired of saying we are just “doing” life, and we are “busy”.  The sentiments seem to minimize, or devalue daily existence, yet the details of life can be repetitious and uninteresting.  So I decided . . .(suspenseful pause). . .If you find my wonderful, active, personally-chaotic life boring, please do not read!   I am no longer going to say simply we are “doing life,” “busy,” or “getting by” to spare readers the ugly details.   If you read this blog, you will get selected pieces of an amazing, but not-yet-perfected life.  While I do make a conscience effort to remain positive, struggles (and, boy, have we got those!) along with joys will be shared.  You have been warned.

Now, if you are still with me . . . It has been a few weeks since I posted.  The news overfloweth.  Not in chronological order, my brain is on spring break in Tahiti.

Three of the four dogs in the Yoder pack had their annual vet appointment recently.  Diagnosis is 1. Hunter is old, blind, and jagged-toothed  2. Picabo is fat, getting old, dirty-toothed, and cystic 3. Denali is most likely diabetic.  Yep, you read that correctly.  Our dog is probably diabetic too.  Are researchers sure that this disease is not contagious?????  Tim and Chy have to sit on Denali to use a lancet in her ear?! to test her blood sugars.  We have to test her for a couple months, and then we will go back to the vet.   

My poor blue-eyed baby!denalifb2

The “good” news on the diabetes front is that Chy tested negative for Celiac disease.  WHEW!!! I feel like we dodged a bullet!!  TJ and Chy also had their 10-week endocrinologist appointment.  TJ’s A1C was great, and we are working on Chy’s numbers.  The challenge is to BG test, test, test, and test.  Tim and I hate being the BG police, but I am good at being a bossy b**** (or so I have been told Winking smile).

TJ had an awesome orchestra concert last week.  Syd and Chy were both able to come watch for the first time.  I personally think he sounded incredible and looked so handsome!  Since the concert was right after the endocrinologist and dietician appointments, the night was hectic, but wonderful! 

No encore??!handsomemyboyviola2012

On a teacher comp day recently, Chy wanted to “do” something!  She decided she wanted to take pictures of somewhere pretty.  The day was windy, but had a beautiful blue sky.  I decided to take her and Skipperdoodles to the river greenbelt at Pedersen Park.  Within ten minutes of arriving at the river, the one solitary, dark, foreboding, snow cloud and the bitter wind started to throw pellets of snow at us.  Do I sound thrilled?  The poor Chihuahua was wishing his ancestors had never left Mexico! And I wish I was with them!  However, Chy and I enjoyed the afternoon together, and we did get a few pictures taken before our cameras froze.  We rewarded ourselves with a warm latte and steamer!

My Joy!chybuggymar2012chymar2012chymar2012askippychy

Yep, she is beautiful!!

Need another fix of my crew??  Check back later.  I’ve got more pictures to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about my crazy, chaotic life.