I gots my boy back! A thirteen-year-old boy can be a stinker, but I sure missed him. The house was way tooo quiet last week!
Last Sunday, we drove Tristan to Camp Hodia (Idaho Diabetes) near Ketchum. He went to Teen Camp this year. Chy will go to Hodia Kids Camp at the end of July. It is quite a long drive, 4 1/2 hours one way; it makes for a long day. Syd actually did most of the driving when we dropped him off, but today she stayed home. The camp called us on Thursday and asked if we could bring a couple more kids to Idaho Falls. I am a sucker, so I said sure. The more the merrier, right? Next year, TJ and Chy will be both in Teen Camp, so it will be a little less driving for us.
Two days before Tristan went to camp, he got his pump! He was very excited, while Mom was a bit nervous sending him off so soon. However, what better place could be be going than a camp full of people using pumps! Anyway, he considers himself officially a cyborg now!
Chy’s pump actually quit vibrating for alarms this week. We were using the alarms for 2am, bolus reminders, and bg checks. The audio alarms are quite loud and annoying (NOT discrete), so this is a problem. I called Wednesday afternoon, by Thursday morning at 10am, we had a new pump. I guess we paid for service!
Tim worked a lot this last week, so the girls and I just hung out. They both had their normal soccer practices (yes, multiple!); Chy had softball too. Wednesday, we had a girls lunch date and window shopped.
I haven’t got as much done this summer as I would have liked so far, but motivation has been a bit low. So many things to do. This week, however, under a looming deadline, I have been working on the kids’ journals for California. The kids never write in them as much as I would like, but I am forever hopeful. If you make it, they will write?? Syd requested Pooh, Chy wanted Tinkerbelle (that’s my girl
), and Tristan chose Nemo. Tristan’s book is almost done, but I did get the girls’ journals finished.
Now I just need to get autograph books done, make lists, pack, clean, and ahhhh---Thursday is coming fast! We have never traveled quite so far since the Chy and TJ were diagnosed. It’s kind of scary, double redundancy for everything-insulin, needles, infusion sets, testing strips, meters, lancets, batteries, glucose tabs, back-up insulin pens, and . . . ahhh. It will be interesting getting through the airport security. SLC has already had an incident this month, so I hope TSA is now adequately trained!
Syd let me take some photos after she curled her hair Friday, so I’ll end on this beautiful note!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think about my crazy, chaotic life.