Teton Tinkerin'

Teton Tinkerin'

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Just Life

Yeah, I have been absent for awhile.  And probably will be again.  School starts officially Monday, Sandcreek soccer has started, Sandcreek football has started, Hillcrest High soccer has started, and our calendar is full.

However, here is a quick update.

August has been full of practices, school meetings, doctor appointments, and tidying loose ends before school starts.

Tristan and Chy, my little pincushions, have started the Dexcom Pediatric Study.  The kids would only put up with cell phone pictures, so the pictures are a little grainy.

My gorgeous model shows her CGM sensor on her stomach.  She also has a second CGM sensor on her backside, that she will not let me photograph.  I can’t imagine why?  She normally just has the pump infusion set (round shaped) on her stomach.  Although the infusion set is attached by the tubing, it isn’t as thick or as heavy as the CGM sensor.  Tristan has the same 3 attachments.  One of the two sensors is blinded so we do not know what BG (blood glucose) number it is reading. 

Guinea Pigsdexcomlabel

CGM Hardwaredexcominfo

After Chy and Tristan put in their own front sensor and I assisted with the backside sensors, we had to wait for two hours before the sensors and receivers could be calibrated (translation—4 more finger sticks.)  Chy was inserted at 8 am, and TJ at 11 am.  At 2 pm, both started the 6 hours of blood draws every 15 minutes.  We left the clinic at 8:45 pm.  It was a very long day.  Chy had to have her IV reinserted once because of a clot. UGH.  Now, for one week, they just have to keep both receivers within 20 feet of the sensors to get data.  A difficult task for active kids—swimming lessons, playing football, and playing soccer.  Wednesday, after school, the sensors will be removed.

inclinic 2

Sydney has had two Hillcrest JV games--one in Pocatello and one on the home field.  We only got to see the last half of the home game.  A friend sent me some great pictures though.  Thanks, Briggs!

JV Captain Yodercombosyd1

Tristan has been busy too.  He ran a kids triathlon.  I got tired just watching!  He took his last swimming lessons before lifeguard training (maybe this spring).  He had to swim a mile to pass.  Once again, I just get tired watching.  Of course, football practice is four days a week.  His first game/jamboree was today.  This year, he is number 92.  Those boys are getting BIG!   One “boy” that he was blocking had a beard fuller that Tim’s!  I am not exaggerating!!!!  When the boys helmet came off, I almost choked on my coffee.  My heart cannot take football.  I had my SD disk, my lens, but I didn’t check the stinking battery.   So more grainy cell phone pics, sorry.

Triathlon Gold!IMG_2816

Football Jamboreetjcollagejamboree

Chy is so excited for middle school.  Her locker is full of everything for school, except books.  We’ve met her teachers, seen her classrooms, and had her 504 meeting.  She is sooo ready for Monday.  Chy has been busy practicing for the 7th grade Sandcreek soccer team.  They also had their first game today.  They won 2-1!  Go Dragons!  It was a physically rough game, just a few bruises.  As an aside, they have cool uniforms this season—half black and half yellow.  More cell photos, sorry again.

Number 11chydragons2012combo

Tim has been working extended hours.  His knees really hurt, but surgery is the next option.  Kids and bills are getting priority.  The house, yard, and cleaning are coming in second ??Third??  Okay, just last.  I worked at the school Tuesday, Wednesday was Dexcom, Thursday was sports and school adventures, Friday was 504s and groceries, Saturday was soccer and football games, and Sunday will be resting for Monday!   School, orthodontist, endocrinologist, soccer game, soccer practice, football practice----I hate Mondays.

That’s the edited (sanitized) version of our lives.  It is much messier and more stressful, but I do love every moment with my family.  It will be quiet way too soon.

1 comment:

  1. You make me VERY tired, sigh. I hope things settle down some, but having been there, it doesn't til they start leaving home, and then it becomes kinda lonely =( So enjoy every minute =)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about my crazy, chaotic life.