Teton Tinkerin'

Teton Tinkerin'

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Weekend Update . . .

Tim still has all his fingers.  Again, I wonder why we buy our little fountains because many neighbors must spend a small fortune in firework stands on the Wyoming border.  We get a great show just sitting in our camping chairs in the driveway.  But I was told, “it is the 4th.  It is just what you do! We are Americans!”  Who can argue with that?

Our Little 4thfouth festivities

Chyanne talked her sister into “camping” out in our backyard.  They started out the night under the canopy.  Then the Idaho wind hit.  In the morning, I found them piled on the grass, and the canopy twisted in a pile.  Lesson—stake everything down!   Good thing the girls didn’t blow away too.

Sisterscampout

I did mention in my last post that we would do something fun this weekend.  So today, we went to Cave Falls to hike.  I simply forgot that the mosquitos are the dominant species there!  We may be never DEET-free. 

Robinson “Mosquito” PondIMG_6397

orangepondllily

pondlily

Mosquito Fine Diningkidspond

sydpond

We made it out alive to play at Cave Falls in the river for a while.  It seem to soothe wounds!  Guess who was first in the water!  Chy and Tristan were soaked, but they had a blast.

Water Babychyriver2

Woot Woot!momreally

Playing in the Riverthreeperspective

Splash Zonetristansplash-crop

Contemplatingsydthink

First In!chywater1

If it doesn’t rain tomorrow, we will try to take our canoe up to Big Springs.  Tim had to hose off the dust!  It has been a while since we have had the time and energy to get them down from the garage ceiling.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about my crazy, chaotic life.