Teton Tinkerin'

Teton Tinkerin'

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Grit

I started writing this two weeks ago.  But life happens . . .

Chy, Tristan, and Sydney have shown such grit this fall.  I cannot begin to tell you how proud of them I am.

The Sandcreek Knights, Chyanne’s soccer team, made it to the championship game.  They played tough this year, and Chy played hard.  While struggling with two bouts of DKA during the season, she still earned her spot on the “A” team,  in the midfield and on defense.  I really enjoyed watching her play this fall.

Sandcreek Knights 2013chyteam

Tristan had an amazing cross country season.  Despite the trials of the first race, not finishing and going to ER in an ambulance, he made a freshman letter time in Missoula!  I am so impressed, running 5K’s every day in practice and meets sounds like h*** to me.  But he likes it!!  He consistently improved his time over different courses. The Hillcrest boys even won the district title!

Hillcrest Knights District X-Country 2013districtxcountry2013

tjletter

Syd is having an intense junior year.  Her dedication, leadership, and drive are incredible.  Hillcrest made it to the state tournament, after fighting their way back through the consolation bracket in districts.  The team had an fast and furious 3 days in Boise.  They didn’t win in Boise, but had an incredible experience.  (I made a quick drive/overnight stay to Boise, so I could watch Smile.)

Sydney (Hillcrest Knights Varsity)sydseason2013knights

Sydney’s Boise Trophy--ouch :( 001

Representative Horman and me in Boise 002

Syd also made a courageous decision to switch her spring competitive team.  It was an emotional stressful decision.  Most of her friends play for her old team, and she has been with the coach since 5th grade.  Not a fun week.  A lot of adults and teenage girls were not happy or supportive.   What a strong young womanl!  She made the decision based on what she wanted this next year, not on what others wanted!  Not an easy thing. 

Syd also tried out for a part in the first semester play, King Lear.  She got a callback, but the role she wanted went to a senior.  However, she was asked to be the student director!  Shakespeare, watch out!  With all the AP classes, the girl is seriously busy.

This risk taking stuff is a little hard for MOM!  Aaah, okay, I know it’s healthy, and it is what I hoped they’d be.  But . . .my heart can’t take it.  Tim and I are just trying to keep swimming.  Work, 3 teenagers, TD1, and daily life keep us on our toes, or sometimes hanging on by fingernails.

Syd and her friends asked young men to the Sadies dance.  The girls planned the day and dinner.  It was good thing Chyanne sold 50# bags of potatoes for her Washington, DC trip fundraising.  Syd “volunteered” us for the mashed potatoes for her dinner.  So . . .

We made mashed potatoes!!IMG_7431IMG_7432

Sydney and her friendssadies1

Oh yeah, Halloween was in there somewhere too, huh?  Chy had a going away/Halloween party while I was in Boise.  Tim and TJ had a house full of 13-year-old girls!  I planned that right!

Here are some picture other late-October fun we had.

Halloweenhalloween2013

TJ and Tim at Snake River Landing (We rode our bikes down for coffee.)003

Drive to Jackson!drivetoteton

Well, hopefully, I will be better at posting.  I am missing other significant and miscellaneous events in this recap—broken insulin pumps, orchestra concert, blood sugar struggles, dentist, orthodontist, endocrinologists, counselors, and um. . . Guess we still have stuff to talk about Winking smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about my crazy, chaotic life.