Teton Tinkerin'

Teton Tinkerin'

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Walk For A CURE!!

IMG_0335

When you were 10, did you imagine being 14? When you were 12, did you imagine being 16? I am sure my kids did not imagine the 4 ½ years of physical and mental ups and downs that “normal teens” have. Yet, Type 1 diabetes challenged them and our family. We have been fundamental changed. Stronger? Maybe? Battle-scarred, but still fighting! Exhausted, but still standing. Crying, but still smiling. This disease is not going to win.

I almost did not sign up to Walk For A Cure this year. I have not had the disease, but I watch it try to destroy my children every day. I am tired. But Tristan and Chyanne are my inspiration. Serious, they live every day, every hour, and every minute with a body that has turned against them. They are tired, but they can’t/won’t stop. Track, soccer, honors classes, life! I am so proud that they never it let it stop them for working hard or trying something new!

Tristan and Chyanne are why I am still fighting, standing, smiling, and WALKING. So please support the JDRF by educating, volunteering, donating, or walking!

Did you know that:

  • T1D is an autoimmune disease that comes on suddenly and strikes both children and adults at any age?
  • T1D has nothing to do with diet or lifestyle?
  • Those living with T1D must carefully balance insulin doses with eating and daily activities throughout the day and night?
  • Those living with T1D must test their blood sugar by pricking their fingers for blood 6 or more times a day?

As the leader of the type 1 diabetes community, JDRF unifies global efforts to cure, treat and prevent T1D.  JDRF will not rest until T1D is fully conquered.  Won't you please give to JDRF as generously as possible?

It is faster and easier than ever to donate. Just click “Visit My Personal Page” below to donate online. If you prefer, you can mail your check to me at the address listed below. Checks can be made out to “JDRF” with my name in the memo section.

4390 E Chippewa Ln
Ammon, ID 83406-4617


JDRF is making meaningful progress because of gifts like yours. Any amount, great or small, brings JDRF closer to its goal of moving scientific advances from the laboratory to clinical trials and into the hands of people with T1D.

http://www2.jdrf.org/site/TR?px=2487916&pg=personal&fr_id=4019&et=--3Ye6ITH5ATi-hT3dq0jg

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!!!!

Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about my crazy, chaotic life.