Teton Tinkerin'

Teton Tinkerin'

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Quick, but Relaxing Weekend

The weekend flew by as it always seems to do. We got shopping, cleaning and a little playing done. Tomorrow is my "shoebox" swap (basically, a craft night). I am one of the ladies bringing a project. Usually, I wait until Sunday night to create or case a project. But this time, I started on Saturday. Wow! Pretty good for me! Thanks to a sweet friend, I had a lot of little round tins. Of course, I always seem to start backwards. I decided to use the tins, and then had to create an idea to go with them. After finding some miscellaneous Halloween paper and roll of tulle, I decided to go black and orange. I used my Greeting Farm Spooktacular set and my colored pencils. It didn't turn out exactly like I'd hoped, but I think it still looks okay. Syd likes the mummy, and I like how Drac turned out. I added black licorice inside for the treat. Later this week, I hope to show what others brought to the swap.

My Mummy and Dracula Treat Tins


This week is slightly less busy than our normal and fewer serious overlaps. Tristan has practices 3 days and then a game Wednesday. Syd has only 2 practices and a game Monday. Chy has a practice and a game Thursday. School, piano, and a few smaller appointments round out our week. We won't see much of Tim since he is planning an extended work week, but we will have another (and last) clear weekend on Labor Day. So we hope to do some extended family time.

I hope everyone has a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about my crazy, chaotic life.