Last weekend we went down to Utah for a soccer tournament. Even though Sydney can’t play, she wanted to support her team. So we had a mini-trip. We enjoyed several games in the heat, whew! It was a wee bit hot. Syd has a lovely striped tan from her brace.
Saturday night, we went to an awesome REAL game at the Rio Tinto. The game was great--red card ejection, 4 goals right in front of us! It was also Pioneer Day so they had a great fireworks show after the game.
Sunday was a long, long day. We drove from Layton to Camp Hodia (40 miles north of Ketchum), 330 miles. I posted this on Facebook too, but I just laugh looking at it. Syd just looks so stereotypical—cell phone clutched in hands for quick texting, earphones in, iPod tucked in her brace, and staring out the window totally bored.
Anyway, we got there around 3:30 and we officially got Tristan and Chyanne settled at camp around 5:00 after we had our check-in interviews. What a process! They are thorough, and I am sure will take good care of the children. Anyway, we got them all in their cabins. Tristan was pretty much “Bye, Mom!”, but Chyanne was a little more nervous. Tristan amazes me with his ability to make friends. He is such a leader and charmer. This is Chy’s first camp experience away from us, so she has a little more trepidation. We did find out that a cabin mate has a female Chihuahua the same color as ours. Some one with a little bit in common, at least. Tim and I are hoping she has finds a friend. She is a little reserved, and it takes her a while to warm up. One of the counselors told her that they were going horseback riding the next day. I am sort of jealous. Anyway, we didn’t get home Sunday until 10:30. Yawn!!!!
Chy, Tim, and TJ going to TJ’s cabin
Monday was quiet for Syd and me--therapy, grocery shopping, and cleaning.
Tuesday, I had my annual Stampin’ Up party for my stamp club. It was a great way to end the day! Thanks, Shauna for some great projects!
Wednesday, we had a lunch date at Texas Roadhouse for a dance fundraiser. More PT for Syd, dinner, and a bike ride. It was a beautiful cool evening!
Tomorrow?? More therapy for Syd, and maybe a movie?? We might need men in tights? Captain America? Green Lantern? Or a lunch date with Tim? The week is going by relatively fast, but I miss my kids. I think I might be crazy without Syd. She is good quiet company! But she is leaving Friday to go down to Utah for her team’s last tournament. Good thing Tim has Friday off, or I really would be lost. No kids at all. I am not sure I like it. This doesn’t bode well for my future! Saturday, we will pick Chy and TJ up and drive back home.
Next week, Syd starts drivers education!! Tristan will start football practice. August will be upon us. UGGH!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think about my crazy, chaotic life.