Teton Tinkerin'

Teton Tinkerin'

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Back to Work

Well, summer is over.  I started back at school this week. We have struggled with school schedules, immunizations, doctors’ visits, and back-to-school visits.  Most of the supply shopping is done.  We are ready for Monday, the first day of school.   BOOOO!

Last Friday, the girls and I went to Ogden for Chy’s drug trial visit.  We only have one more left, and they won’t be tracking her anymore.  I wish it would have be more successful, but we have learned a lot.  Her most recent A1C is 10, not good.  We are reevaluating an insulin pump or CGM.  The doctors, Tim, and I are concerned.  It has been to high for too long, and long-term damage could be developing.  Did I mention that it is not always fun being the parent?  Chy is not happy with upcoming choices.

We had a great time clothes shopping and eating in UT!!  We got back late, just after Tim and TJ got home from the Chukars’ baseball game.  What timing!  Saturday, the official football season opened with the Jamboree!  Football in the hot sun! (Better than football in the snow in October! Smile)  My boy is getting soooo big!  He started first team offense and defense!  Go YODER!!!  #63

DSC_0336_editedDSC_0262_edited

DSC_0213_edited

DSC_0209_edited

 

Syd is doing great in therapy.  She is a little ahead of schedule, only 9 months to go!  She has been helping her coach with practices for the 9/8th middle school team.   So she is keeping busy when not Facebooking or texting! 

Chy’s first soccer game is Monday.  We actually are happy with the coaching this year, so hopefully the team will do well.  Chy has been really engaging at practice.  Tim and I can’t wait for the games!

Tim has been working lots.  I have been working (new job), trying to get the kids prepared for school, and get everyone where they need to be.  Wednesday, I left at 8 am and didn’t get to stay home until 9 pm.  Why would schools schedule their back-to-school nights all on the same night, and why would coaches schedule games and practices??  I scheduled my doctor’s and dentist appointments 3 months ago!!!  I am reallllllly ready for this week to be over.

The highlight of Wednesday was Tristan’s first full football game!  He did awesome!  And they won!! 

DSC_0341_editedDSC_0343_editedDSC_0347-1

DSC_0352

Tim is home with the kids tomorrow, while I am at work.  He gets to plan our last weekend of summer vacation.  The pressure is on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about my crazy, chaotic life.