Teton Tinkerin'

Teton Tinkerin'

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Where does time go?

October is almost over!  Wow. 

Last Saturday, I went to Stamp Camp!  I made some great, cute projects!  It was fun, as always!  Thanks, Shauna!

Project 1DSC_1177_edited

Project 2DSC_1179_edited

Project 3DSC_1183_edited

Project 4DSC_1185_edited

Project 5DSC_1187_edited

I needed my craft time in the morning and shopping time with Chy in the afternoon, so that I could endure the 6 13-year-old boys in my basement in the evening!  Tristan had his birthday “hangout with friends.”  OMG!  I will take giggling teen girls anytime!  The energy and teenage testosterone was a wee bit high!  Tim and I and tried to hide, but we were worried the house wouldn’t survive!  Tristan, however, had a great time.

My son also seems determined to make sure I don’t not have a night that he does not need to be taxied.  He decided that he was going to try wrestling, which ends just before swimming starts.  Lucky me!  So he has practice 5 times a week as well as meets on weekends.  He also joined Spanish Club, and somehow, he ended up on Sandcreek 7th grade student council!  Plus, he has orchestra and private lessons.  He also has started going to the gym with Tim and me.  He makes me tired!

Tristan had his first concert of this year on Thursday.  He loves orchestra, and he has been very excited for this concert.  The orchestra did a great job.  Tim and I were really impressed with the high school.  They were very good!

8th Grade OrchestraDSC_1189

Violist and His DadDSC_1194_edited_edTMP

This Saturday was grocery shopping, gym, and school projects!  Tristan has a cell model project due Tuesday.  Unfortunately, he suffers from his mother’s perfectionism and OCD.  He made 2 models and was very unhappy with them. They were perfectly fine, just not as “perfect” as he wanted.  Anyway, Mom offered to help.  What was I thinking!??  After much brainstorming and frustration, here is “our”  project!  He actually did most of it.  I was the supply and idea lady!

Plant Cell ModelDSC_1248_edited

DSC_1251_edited

Today, Tim and I went Kelly Canyon.  I have been craving the mountains.  I had wanted to go to the Tetons, but money and time didn’t allow.  So I made do with just up to Kelly.  We hiked up by Burns Creek with Denali.  The kids didn’t want to come, so thptttt! to them.  We had a great time.  It was a gorgeous fall day!!!  Cool, blue sky!

Color!DSC_1199

What’s Taking So Long?DSC_1206_edited

Danger Girl!DSC_1231

Timmy and DenaliDSC_1240

And here are my Art Journal entries for the last two weeks.  My number pages made the challenge coordinator’s blog!  Wahoo!

DSC_1158_edited

DSC_1167_edited

Another week of fun, work, and practices!  And then Halloween weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about my crazy, chaotic life.