I am sooo excited. We get a week off for Thanksgiving break. Wahoo! We have a busy week planned, but I am still looking forward to the break.
Of course, we have been insanely busy. Nothing new. Wrestling, piano, viola, physical therapy, and social butterfly teens—the usual. School for me and projects for Tim have been stressful, but we are surviving. I can’t tell you how excited I will be when wrestling is over. Wow, it is a time consumer!!! Practice 5 days a week and/or meets during the week, plus all-day Saturday tournaments. This week he had 2 meets (one in Rexburg and one at home), 3 practices, and a Saturday tournament (in Shelley). While we didn’t drive to Rexburg, Tim and I did go to the home meet. Tristan was one of only 2 boys that won their match! (He has made Varsity every week except the first week.) We haven’t decided if we are going to the Saturday tournament in Shelley. All day in a gym with sweaty teenage boys is . . .uh. . . well, I just might need to grocery shop! Ha!
To add to our fun, Chy decided a whole room makeover was in order. Chy has been begging to redecorate her room since August. With the money from the last visit of her 1 1/2 year diabetes drug study and some money she has saved, she wants to buy a bed from IKEA. Since the last visit is approaching quickly, we figured we better start moving on painting. We ordered a cute comforter with the colors she wanted, and then she picked out paint. She is quite a interior decorator. Two white walls, one blue, and one bright green with white trim! We are still in process. Several coats are needed to cover princess purple!!!
Syd has just been going to PT and school. All of her honors classes are keeping her busy, but she never complains. She does homework all week and hangs out with friends on the weekends. A typical teen, growing up way to fast for her mom.
Tristan’s schedule is a bit more hectic. He has school, wrestling, orchestra, and private viola lessons. The kid tires me out just watching him! He is so fearless and confident. I am so proud of him.
Chy is doing awesome this year in school. She is reading like a fiend. She discovered the Inheritance Cycle books this fall. Never knew the kid could read so much! She also has been really working on math objectives at school, and outstripping their incentive program. They don’t have anything in place for the number of objectives that she has completed, 250+. She is shining!
Today, I took off from school after calling 20+ people to find a substitute! Insane. However, it was worth it. Tim and I had a great “date” day. We rarely, if ever, have a totally guilt-free day together. Today was what we both needed. We stayed very busy, but had fun. The middle school orchestra was playing at the Festival Trees. So we slept in, did some errands, and went to watch Tristan play. I am not biased, obviously, but the kid is so dang cute!
After watching Tristan, we shopped and went to lunch. We did a few more errands, picked Chy up from school, and took her to frozen yogurt as a glucose monitoring reward. We got Syd, took her PT, did more errands, picked Syd up, picked TJ up from wrestling, fixed supper, painted, drove Syd to friends, and then painted more. Whew! We got a lot done today and had a great time! Win-win!
Next week, we have to go to Ogden for Chy’s last visit with the study endocrinologist. We will be back for a day, then off to Billings. The vacation will go way too fast. I have so much more I want to get done!
I still want to make my Christmas cards, but I don’t know when I will get the free time and the inspiration. Well, somehow, I did get my art journal pages done for the last two weeks. I am not sure when I am going to fit this week’s pages into the schedule before we go to Billings. Hopefully, a simple idea about parenting (this week’s theme) will “pop” into my head and onto the pages!
Have a great weekend!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think about my crazy, chaotic life.