Teton Tinkerin'

Teton Tinkerin'

Sunday, July 29, 2012

5 Whole Days!

I get to be home 5 whole days!!!!  I have so much to do.  I have a huge list of things that I haven’t been able to work on this summer due to all the soccer travel.  It is a bit overwhelming.  Deep breathe!

Chy’s soccer finished up Saturday.  She and I came back from Roy, UT in the morning, since they didn’t make the semi’s this time.  She personally played her best!  2 GOOOOOOALS.  She was bummed it was over.  She had a really fun time playing in the tournaments, so it was worth the insanity of being in UT most every weekend this summer.  She even decided to try-out for the middle school team  in two weeks. 

Today, Syd, Tim, and I drove Chy to Camp Hodia.   I am so glad Syd can drive in Idaho.  I am so tired driving. Tim drove the 4 hours there, (while I slept), and Syd drove home (while I looked a magazines).  Oh yeah, I can get used to this being chauffeured gig.  Chy had pre-packed before we went to the Roy Tournament, but she was stressed and nervous.  She is not so fond of camp; I made her go.  She has fun, but she won’t admit it.  We go back next Saturday to pick her up, but Syd might not join us.  Boo!  What can I bribe her with???

Syd finished the Extreme season up last weekend in Layton.  We actually all got to go together to watch.  Syd scored 2 goals, as well.  She is so fun to watch.  Very intense!  She had high school soccer camp last week.  Now she is nervously waiting for high school team tryout in a week. 

Tristan is gainfully employed picking raspberries at a farm in Ririe from 6:30 to 12:00, Monday through Friday.  His friend’s mom found them a job that would hire 13-year-olds, and he wanted to do it.  A lot of work, little pay, amazing kid.  He wants to save up and buy a computer.  He likes having his “own” money; mom likes it too.   My contribution is picking him and his friend up in Ririe at noon everyday.  The glamour life of a mom.

Tim has been working, working, and working.  And when he is not at work, he is working at home.  He had to replace a toilet, when Chy and I were in Roy.  He has been working in the yard when he gets a chance.  We had wanted to do a patio area this summer, but time and money is delaying it.  Tim has been working on it when he can; maybe next year we will get it done.

I hope to get some stuff done at home, get a little bit a of routine, and eat healthy.   It hasn’t been good summer for consistent diet and exercise.  Well, we have a lot more going on, but that’s the main stuff.

Oh, we are starting to fund raise for the JDRF walk in September.  Chy sent out an email to some family and posted it to facebook.  (FYI, she did not let me proof read it, and she is never open to my editing suggestions!  Her middle school language arts teacher is going to have an interesting year.)  Anyway, we are open to donations and ideas for fund raising!  The local chapter was supposed to send us flyers and posters.  However, they seem to have forgotten us.  I wish diabetes would forget us as easily.   It has been a hard year, working to keep those blood glucose numbers in range.  It never lets up; we never get break.  We are tired of this life-altering, life-threatening disease.  Help us if you can.  Here is a link to our team page. 

http://www2.jdrf.org/site/TR/Walk-ID/Chapter-Utah4670?team_id=48858&pg=team&fr_id=1872

Chy is helping this year, so we have three walkers right now. Donate to whomever you chose! Little sister would like to beat her brother’s bum in fundraising though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about my crazy, chaotic life.