Mid-July
Boise, ID
Mix in a whole lot of soccer practices and day camp, another trip to Salt City, xcountry practices, new job for me, and well . . .
AUGUST
First Freshman Cross Country Meet
After Ambulance Ride to Idaho Falls
Mix in soccer tryouts (high school and middle school), practices, xcountry practices, fundraisers, Tim’s trip to Billings, finishing and officially quitting, trying to learn a new job, and breathe . . .
Tomorrow, a freshman and 8th grader start the new school year. My junior gets to stay home until 2 then go to Blackfoot for her soccer game. And I, for the first time in many years, will not be going with them. Terrified.
My summer is over. I had wanted to go enjoy the mountains, a hike, or the river. But . . .the best laid plans . . .
The stress of the job situation over the summer, the health scares of the kids have worn Tim and me out. Emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Chyanne’s PICU visit earlier this August with DKA—3 days of H###. Have I mentioned how much I hate T1D!!? Helplessly, watching your daughter’s body battle itself for 3 days is . . . indescribable . . .
Not seeing your son cross a finish line, racing through the crowd, and finding him with paramedics around him was about all I could take. Hallucinations, extreme dehydration, heat stroke, and concerns with diabetes/blood sugars/electrolytes. Well, I have never been in a ambulance with sirens and lights going before.
I am proud of how well my children take these challenges and move forward. I am so blessed to a part of their lives. They are amazing.
I am praying that our fall is less eventful. But . . . I guess we will slog through anything that is thrown our way.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think about my crazy, chaotic life.