Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Phase II Update
This morning we went back to the doctors for our follow-up visit. We now are officially counting carbs and hopefully will be helping Chy do preventative shots. She was told she could eat whatever she wants! She just needs to count the carb servings and take an insulin dose before she eats. So far today she has eaten protein and veggies, thus avoiding the shot! She is very good at listening to the dietitian! Small steps! I wish I had her self-control and will-power. If I could bottle it, we would make a fortune! The dietitian just says eventually the food she likes will win. I don't know if she really understands the force of nature that is Chy. We will keep track for a month, and then go back in to adjust.
Chy is feeling better though. She is getting back to her active self. Everybody is getting a little stir crazy. It has been cold, snowy, and rainy so far this spring break, so we have had to entertain ourselves indoors. Chy had a friend over earlier in the week. We have gone to Barnes and Nobles a few times. They have made many perler/melting beads creations. They have designed clay sculptures. Today, we beaded bracelets for her medical alert tag, and we also made a few extra for "the fashion diva." I really would like to see the sun! I miss Texas!
Have a great weekend!
Stacey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think about my crazy, chaotic life.