We didn’t do much Saturday. We didn’t even leave the house. Boring! Yep!
Today we went to Big Elk, an offshoot of the Palisades Reservoir. We parked right near the water and set up our canopy so we could have some shade. While the kids played, Tim and I watched the bald eagles, the golden eagles, the ospreys, and the one lonely heron. A young, huge golden eagle circled reallllly close. I think he wanted SkippyJon. Seriously! The osprey gave us quite a lesson in fishing. Unfortunately, it was not very successful. The eagles probably would have taken it anyway.
The kids, of course, barely noticed the wildlife. The boats, water, and mud was far more enticing. We brought a lot of the mud from the bank home with us!
I can’t believe it is the middle of August. Can we start summer over?

No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think about my crazy, chaotic life.