The first week back was loooooong. Every day felt like a Monday! I even took a half day off on Thursday to take Syd to the doctor. Sydney missed 3 days of school this week due to a nasty cold and secondary sinus infection. She still is coughing up a lung during the day. She is not recovering very fast. Unusual for her, she is my one kidlet that hardly ever gets sick. Tristan, unfortunately, started getting sick on Thursday night. He looks like the walking dead—pale, bright red nose, and a hack cough. He has not had a good weekend. Chy might be getting it too; the stuffy nose just started. The doctor thought it was viral, so we just have to wait it out.
The fun side of the week, if there was one, was that we all got new phones. Chy got Syd’s old phone and number, but TJ and Syd are now on our Verizon plan. They got new phones, new numbers, unlimited text, shared minutes to non-Verizon phones, and free minutes to Verizon numbers like Tim and I. The kids got Samsung Intensity II’s, but Tim and I got new Droids. We are now officially cool until something better comes out! I can still remember our first cell phones that were bigger than our house cordless handset! I know, back when I was young . . . Can you see the eye roll of my children?! The phones, actually mini computers, are pretty fun and not as hard to figure out as I feared. Lots of fun apps—games and tools. They are way more powerful that I will ever totally utilize, but it is a great toy!
No news this week on TJ’s testing for the drug study; hopefully Monday we will talk to the nurse. Chy has had very high numbers for a month so. Needless to say, Dad is very stressed. We are trying to figure out what is causing the increase—snacking, hormones, sickness, or lack of diligence. It has been hard to weed through possibilities.
Syd got good news—an official “braces removal day.” She is very excited!! Tristan will be going in soon to get his model done, and then his braces on. The poor boy is going to be put through the ringer this year between braces, diabetes, turning 13, middle school, and whatever new surprises come this way. Growing up sucks sometimes.
I haven’t been creating much lately. We are just in survival mode. I hope to get back to doing some scrapbook pages and/or cards soon. I need to find that creative spark!
I hope everyone has a great week.
My Favorite Quotes (that I am trying to embrace and live by)
Nothing is worth more than this day. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
The living moment is everything. ~D.H. Lawrence
Rejoice in the things that are present; all else is beyond thee. ~Montaigne
The future is no place to place your better days. ~Dave Matthews
We are always getting ready to live but never living. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think about my crazy, chaotic life.