Teton Tinkerin'

Teton Tinkerin'

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Soccer, Snowboarding, Sickness

Syd had a great soccer game Monday.  They are playing pretty well for playing up in the high school indoor division, 1-1.  The game that they lost they still played great as a team.  Monday, Syd made a stellar goal.  She is really developing great footwork.  She likes the indoor season because she gets to play forward more.  During the school and travel seasons, she is too good of a center D, so she rarely gets moved or even subbed.  The girls are getting ready for their first tournament in St. George, UT during Presidents’ Day weekend.  It will be interesting.  Her travel team had to be divided up into two indoor teams, and they haven’t played together since the fall.  The snow covering the fields doesn’t help that much.  Most of the teams they will play in Utah play all year (outside and inside), are hand-picked, and are very good!  But we will get a nice warm spring mini-vacation!

Syd went snowboarding with her middle school Wednesday, and again with Chy and TJ on Thursday.  Syd went up with Chy to help her and give her a few lessons.  All the kids actually seemed to get along and have fun together, no fights!!  Chy even seemed grateful for Syd.  Wow, sibling bonding!  Syd did lose her cell phone on the hill, but somebody turned it in to a school chaperone.  Whew!  Lucky girl!

Tim and I had a date on Thursday while all 3 were boarding.  We went to dinner, did a little shopping, had frozen yogurt at the Orange Leaf, and then cleaned at home.  Exciting, huh?

Friday we spent over $400 at Sam’s on mostly food!!!!  OMG!  Our freezer is now full.  We still have to get our normal variety of goats, soy, skim, and lactose-free milks at the grocery store, but I am hoping that get by for a long while!  Ouch!

Saturday, Syd worked all day on her GATE history project on the Emancipation Proclamation.  I do mean all day.  But we do have a draft done for this week, and another weekend to prepare the final copy.  Mom set some deadlines, so I don’t have to deal with a procrastinating, stressed-out, hormonal teen.  While she was working hard, I went to a stamp party.  Cute projects!

Card with Embossed Tin Foil2011-01-30_16-10-16_571_edited

Liquid Glazed Card2011-01-30_16-10-37_101_edited

Tristan stayed home from school Friday with Tim because he had been sick for most of the week, but he really went downhill after boarding!  Yes, I do amuse myself.  Anyway, he stayed home and infected Tim.  Tim is now sick.  The girls and I are hoping they keep it to themselves!

I also got my project ready for my shoebox swap tomorrow.  I got the idea from a local craft store, and adapted it to a more disposable Valentine idea.  I must say it is very cool!

My SweetTart Roll Airplane—candy roll, paper, buttons, wire, ribbon, and embellishments

Sample 1

2011-01-30_16-11-19_156_edited

2011-01-30_16-11-40_394_edited

2011-01-30_16-11-52_827_edited

Sample 2

2011-01-30_16-12-16_697_edited

2011-01-30_16-12-29_469_edited

Today, I took the kids sledding at a nearby park.  It was a cool, but gorgeous day!  They took a lot of crashing videos on their ipods.  I think they tried to make some spectacular crashes!  Epic fails!

2011-01-30_14-19-02_259

This week is another busy, busy week.  Shoebox swap, soccer, training session, endocrinologist appointments, orthodontist appointments, snowboarding, Timmy’s birthday, Chy’s soccer sign-ups, and the regular stuff (YMCA, gym, piano, viola, orchestra).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about my crazy, chaotic life.