Teton Tinkerin'

Teton Tinkerin'

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Another Amazing Day for Team Yoder

This morning we went to EITC for the regional invention convention.  I learned I had put his invention in the wrong category!  Bad mommy!  It was supposed to go in the Jules Verne category, but I put it in the non-working category.  I was suffering some major guilt after they didn’t announce his name in first or second place for non-working models in his age group.  However, when they announced the final award for Best In Show, I was ecstatic!  He won!  Needless to say, TJ is very happy.

TJ and the “Insulin Patch”DSC_8462_editedDSC_8470DSC_8464_edited

Pretty cool, huh??  Well, now we have yet another Boise trip to plan.  State Invention Convention is the middle of March, and Syd’s history day will be in the middle of April.  Plus, I get a birthday trip to Boise!  Wahoo!  We are living the wild life!

I also got my project done for Monday’s shoebox swap.  I am using Chy’s empty Crystal Light containers to make a little Easter basket gift.  I have had the idea to use the containers for awhile, but finally I got something actually created!

DSC_8466_editedDSC_8467_edited

The tag reads, “Did someone say chocolate bunnies?”  It’s from a cheap $1 stamp, and the rest is just die-cut or punched papers and ribbon.  I pieced circles, a heart, and flower petals together to make the bunnies, and I just die cut lots of ovals for eggs.  The hardest part is weaving the paper to make the “basket”.   I think it turned out pretty cute.

We have a slower day tomorrow.  But Monday is back to YMCA, soccer, and shoebox swap.  Tuesday, TJ has a orchestra concert, and it is my bday.  The rest of the week is regular bustling, but Friday Syd has a girls science day out at the site for 7:30 to 5:30.  I am sure more will pop up; it always does.

Nothing is worth more than this day. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about my crazy, chaotic life.