Today, I took the afternoon off to take Sydney for her history day competition at Rocky Mountain Middle School. Tim and I took her to lunch, and then, brought her home to get ready. Once we were at the school, she answered questions from judges on her paper about the Emancipation Proclamation.
The awards ceremonies were tonight. First and Second Places get to go to Boise/Caldwell in April for the state competition. It was quite a rowdy, excited crowd in the auditorium. There were several different categories—performances, papers, websites, exhibits, and documentaries. Syd ditched her heels, and put on some bling!
It worked! She got first place in her division/flight for papers. She is amazing!
Great Job, chica!!
Tomorrow morning, we go the regional invention convention to see how Tristan’s invention fared. He has a non-working model of an insulin patch. We just found he made regionals Tuesday! It has been quite week for the Yoder’s!
We also found out that Tristan will be starting a diabetes drug trial Mid-March. More and more drs. appointments. Tim and Chy have to go to Ogden on Monday. At least, she doesn’t have many more left to do. Since the FDA stopped her study, the drug company shortened the follow-up time period.
I am so proud of all my kids. First, second, tenth, or last—they are just incredible! They try hard, work hard, and have great hearts. I love you three!
Well, more pics tomorrow of TJ’s project. I am a camera happy mom!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think about my crazy, chaotic life.