Teton Tinkerin'

Teton Tinkerin'

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Risk taking

I love quotes about living in the moment, because, well . . . I am not very good at it.  I am a worrier, stressing about things out of my control.  I am a perfectionist, afraid of change/risk and terrified of perceived failure.  I know all this is unhealthy, yet I can’t seem to break free.  So I have had a stressful few weeks, and more are coming. 

I have been working for the school district’s 6-week summer school program in the developmentally disabled room.  The children are physically and cognitively lower than children I normally help.  I thought we could use the extra money, so I called several times after I applied. (Applying and pestering are usually outside my comfort level.)  But, anyway, I think they got tired of me calling, and just stuck me somewhere.  Most of the aides (75%) are CNAs, and I didn’t know a soul.  Yep, uncomfortable.

Last Thursday, Chy and I decided to go a dog show in Blackfoot.  While I was there, I returned a call.  I was offered an opportunity to work in an physical therapist’s office.  Terrified of change, after a weekend of gut-rot,  I tentatively accepted.  I have been working both jobs.  My old, inflexible brain is trying to juggle a lot of new information.  Short-term and long-term memory is on overload.

Enough about that or I’ll I have another anxiety attack.  On to the my teenagers!  Talk about risk takers.

Tristan just got back from Washington, DC!!  He was gone for 10 days!  Of course, two of those days were on planes and buses.   I am sure he didn’t miss his mom, but his mom missed him.

tjdc

On Father’s Day, we needed to take Chy to Camp Hodia, near Sun Valley (3+ hours from Idaho Falls).  So the girls and I celebrated Father’s Day on Saturday.  Since we going on the long drive Sunday, we stayed local and went to the park.  Who knew throwing a disc was so challenging.   We lost a “putter” in the creek, “water hazard,” and Tim had to climb a tree to get a “driver.”   Okay, we are not so good at disc golf.  But we had fun trying.

discgolffathersday

ChychyclimberSydfrisbeesyd

Tim grilled us some mean burgers and dogs on his new grill for supper! Yummy.

Sunday, we drove to Hodia.  Chy has been to the Camp Hodia Kids Camp, but this is her first year at Teen Camp.  She was hesitant to go, but she was convinced with a special date with Dad.  Teen Camp does more “exteme” activities.  She can only text when they are in town, but she did text us that she went rappelling!  So brave!! They also had an MMA fighter coming to give a talk during the week.  Tim is picking her up this Saturday.   Sure miss her.

Lunch at Shorty’s (Ketchum, ID)iphonejune2013 035

Syd had two days of being an only child.  She had to pay for that privilege by picking her brother up at 1:30am Wednesday! 

What’s normal?  What’s routine?  I just don’t know.  Guess I need to work on the “moment.”  All I really know that is truly unchanging is that I love my family and they give me true joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about my crazy, chaotic life.