Teton Tinkerin'

Teton Tinkerin'

Monday, June 10, 2013

Two Weeks (Part 2)

The first week of summer break was cool, as usual.  After Memorial Day, we had two days of “rest".”  On Thursday, we had the birthday party!!  Woot! Woot!  We drove seven 13-year-old girls to Rexburg for bowling, mini-golf, and pizza.  They arrived at the house at 4 pm and were picked up at 11 pm.  Wow.  That’s a whole lot of giggles and squeals.

Birthday Girl!chyballoons

Perfect Form? whatform

On Sunday, we celebrated as family.  Tim is a bit compulsive about birthday gift opening.  Since we could not find Chy what we wanted in Idaho Falls, we took a drive to Pocatello for a bigger sporting goods store. 

Birthday Bikechybdaybike

Tim and Chytimchysmiles

Training has continued 3-4 times week for soccer, track, football. 

Week two of vacation begins . . .

Well, the children’s vacation, anyway.  I decided to apply for a summer job for a little extra money.  So I started Monday working in the DDR at a different school in the morning.  Not too physically demanding, but I am just worn out.

We spent most of the afternoons getting Tristan ready for his trip to Washington, DC--finalizing all the finances, packing items, preparing diabetes info/supplies/backups, and just stressing out.  He left on the bus at 1:00 am Saturday morning with 50+ kids and chaperones.  From the few texts and one stinking phone call, I am sure he is having an unforgettable experience.  I am getting a taste of his university years??  “Um, I’m out of Metro money.”  I would rather know his blood sugars and how he is doing!!

We took Denali on a hike Sunday.  It was a beautiful, hot day.  Five stinking snakes, bull moose, baby moose, and lots of flowers Smile  The official IPod mileage was 10.6 miles.  I think the dog was more tired than any of the humans, although I will say my Gluteus Maximus is a little sore this morning.  It is a wee bit steep in spots, but oh so worth it.

IMG_5640sydnalitimmytrailwashoutwhitewater2IMG_5709

And so ends week 2, and begins week 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about my crazy, chaotic life.