Teton Tinkerin'

Teton Tinkerin'

Friday, October 2, 2009

H1N1

Well, the infamous swine flu hit the our house.  After the soccer game in Rexburg on the 26th, we all were very tired and just not feeling well.  Syd was getting worse and didn't go to school Monday.  I took her in to the clinic because I thought it might be strep throat, but . . . no, it was the H1N1.  Syd missed all week of school; luckily it was a three-day week. That's a lot of middle school homework to make up!  (There was actually over 130 kids out of school Tuesday and Wednesday from her school!)  She was more bummed about missing two soccer games, than school. Yesterday and today she is finally getting better.  I was ready to take her back in for a lung check and some antibiotics.  Threats of shots seem to do the trick! Tim, Chy, and I are also on Tamiflu.  We all have varying degrees of unhealthiness.  Tristan was the only one who made it through so far unscathed.  He had a football game in the snow/sleet on Wednesday, so we thought he might start getting sick, but not yet!  Yeah!

Needless to say, our house has been Lysoled from top to bottom and continues to be wiped down regularly (hourly!).  We canceled our last Teton camping trip of the year.  Because we get a four-day weekend due to teacher inservice, we usually go this first weekend in October to enjoy the fall colors and peacefulness.  We are all really bummed, but we didn't think we should push it.  So, we are letting everyone recoup.  Hopefully, we can get a fall drive in sometime this weekend.

Last week, I did have a few pictures of  Tristan at his Ririe game, but never got anything posted.  So I am going to overload it today!  So here he is a captain, at the beginning of the game.



And here he is making his first touchdown after a hand off!  Oh, yeah baby!



He is so awesome! This week's game was so cold and dark that I didn't even take the camera.  All the spectators were in winter/rain gear.  Those boys were so cold and wet.  If he plays next year, we will get gloves earlier!


Tristan's birthday is next week, so I spent Thursday making the invites.  The theme???  Football, of course!  The helmets even match his! Yes, I am sometimes quite on top of it!  He is officially a Sandcreek South Central Dragon, but all the uniforms match Hillcrest High Knights!  So I went with those colors and theme.



Inside



I made a few extras without the invite inside, so he has thank you cards too.  We have already received our fun football goodies and plates for the party from Oriental Trading earlier this month, so we are ready to go.  All I have to do is make the cake/cupcakes, show up, and pay the bill.  I like birthday parties like that.  I am not good at home birthdays; they stress me too much!

Here are a few more cards I have done these last few weeks.  The My Favorite Things bunny card is a CASE (which means, I "borrowed" the idea) from a thread on Splitcoast Stampers.  I saw the idea a long time ago, but just got around to coloring the bunnies.






The final card is some more owls that I was just messing with one night.  I was just trying to use up some old paper.  The owls have been colored a long time and just sitting in my "when-I-get-time" box.  They are from StampingBella, one of my favorite stamp sites.  I have as many Bellas as Riley moose.



Well, I wish everyone a a beautiful, swine-flu-free weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about my crazy, chaotic life.